John Mueller is a webmaster trends analyst at Google. He has been working at Google since 2011, and his main focus is on helping webmasters and site owners understand how Google search works and how to improve their site’s visibility. He regularly participates in webmaster-related forums and speaks at industry conferences. He also writes on the official Google Search Central Blog about webmaster-related topics.
Before joining Google, he managed a Swiss software company, overseeing programming, marketing, and business administration.
In 1991, John enrolled at ETH Zürich in Zürich, Switzerland, pursuing a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, and Business. He successfully completed his studies and graduated in 1995.
Role and Responsibilities
John Mueller’s roles both at Google and as a Search Advisor are as follows:
- Search Advocate at Google Zurich: John currently serves as a Search Advocate, previously holding the title of Webmaster Trends Analyst.
- Search Advocate: John Mueller coordinates efforts as a Search Advocate, focusing on strengthening the relationship between Search engineering and web optimization.
- Team Connectivity: He and his team establish connections between Google’s internal Search engineering teams and external website creators and optimizers.
- Assisting Publishers: The team assists publishers in creating exceptional websites that cater to both users and search engines.
John Mueller Profile Links
- Speakers at Google I/O: io.google/2022/speakers/john-mueller/
- Google Search Central Blog: developers.google.com/search/blog/authors/john-mueller/
- Website: https://johnmu.com/
- LinkedIn: @Johnmu
- Twitter: @JohnMu